How soon do you need your Re-Issue U.S. Passport?

What steps are involved in the TDS U.S. Passport process?

Apply Online

Apply Online

Order Form

Gather Documents

Gather Documents

About Requirements

Ship Your Documents

Ship Documents

About Shipping

Get your passport

Get your Passport!

Register with STEP

Document Requirements

Effective September 2005 U.S. passport agencies will no longer amend a passport for such reasons as a change of name, change of name by marriage or divorce - a new passport book will be issued to replace the old one.

If your passport was issued more than one year ago, follow the instructions for a Passport Renewalyou are not eligible for a passport Re-Issue.

  • If your passport was issued less than one year ago, you require a name change, a data correction
  • or, if your passport was limited invalidity for two years or less AND/OR issued abroad follow instructions on this page for a U.S. Passport Re-Issue.
If you answer NO to all three of the statements below, STOP - you cannot apply for a U.S. Passport Re-Issue

1) I have changed my name less than one year since my most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. card was issued and my U.S. passport / book is less than one year old.

2) My most recent U.S. passport book was limited to two years or less for a reason other than multiple passport losses or a seriously damaged / mutilated passport.

3) My identifying information in my most recent U.S. book and or U.S. passport card was printed incorrectly.

If you answer NO to these questions you must apply for a New U.S. passport or a Passport Renewal depending on your circumstances. Please contact Travel Document Systems at 866-797-2600 for more information.
Submit your valid limited issue U.S. passport.

Please send 1 recent professional passport-type photograph

Passport Photo Guide - Click Here

Non-passport photograph type are not acceptable.

TravelDocs DIY Digital Photo Service

The State Department has extremely strict passport photo requirements — do not allow your application to be delayed due to an incorrectly formatted photo.

Use the TravelDocs digital visa photo service, snap a selfie using your camera, cell phone or tablet, and we will return a perfectly formatted passport photo by email within 1 business day.

100% Accurate • Convenient • Unbeatable Price

Get it right the first time. Get it done right now.

Only $12 - Order Now!

Proof of Departure from the USA can be any of the following:

A copy of your airline ticket or flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company. It is not required for the Proof of Departure to be purchased only that it will confirm your travel intentions. A print out of the confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal.

A signed letter detailing your business travel.
A signed letter detailing that your job requires you to travel frequently and with short notice.
Please follow this letter format.

A signed letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and or Mexico.
Please follow this letter format.

Click here to print the Authorization Letter

Letter MUST have an original signature; faxes, scans, photocopies, etc are NOT accepted by the United States Passport Agency.

Note: You MUST hand write Travel Document Systems in the space labeled Courier Company Name on the Authorization Letter above.

The correct documentation required for a name change by marriage or court order. All documents submitted for a name change or a data correction must bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Photocopies and notarized documents are not accepted.

If your passport was issued while you were outside of the United States and limited in validity to one yearor less, please submit one of the following:

*Certified Birth Certificate issued by the city, county or state.

*Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth.

*Naturalization Certificate.

*Certificate of Citizenship.

If you were issued a temporary passport due to a loss of a valid passport while outside the United States please include the letter and receipt given to you by the US Embassy that issued the temporary passport.

If you are applying for a regular passport book only, please mark the box on your U.S. passport renewal application next to "Passport Book". If you also want to apply for a Passport Card you should also mark the box next "Passport Card". There is an additional $30.00 U.S government fee for the Passport Card.

The U.S. Passport Card increases speed and efficiency to meet the new travel requirements for land and sea border crossings of nearby countries.

An extra form of official government ID which will conveniently fit in your wallet.
     Use your Passport Card to travel by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas
  and the Caribbean without your bulky Passport Book.
   The passport card is valid for 10 years.
DS-5504: Application Form

The US Passport Agency has introduced an Online based application form, this Online style application must be used in all expediting cases. Failure to use this Online application may cause delays in processing times.

TIP: This Online application has replaced "Hand Written" applications, YOU ARE NOT APPLYING ONLINE you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application. The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print and sign your application.

A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-5504 printed on the bottom left of the application.

Same Day Processing "OMG! I Gotta Go" is by appointment only.
Please call Traveldocs to check the availability of this option, so we can schedule an appointment with the U.S. Passport Agency on your behalf. (A personal appearance at the U.S. Passport Agency or Traveldocs is not required).. Call Now 866-797-2600

Shipping Instructions

Please forward a printed copy of your order confirmation and all required documents to:

Travel Document Systems, Inc.
5444 Westheimer road
Suite #1000
Houston, TX 77056

Local Phone Number: 866-797-2600

Urgent applications should be shipped to TDS using only the FedEx Company.

Please use FedEx Priority Overnight. Do NOT ship "First Overnight." This will delay the delivery of your package.

Once your order is complete, your Passport will be returned to you via FedEx Overnight.

FedEx Return ShippingFedEx Logo
Continental USA Only Price
Next Business Day - up to 3 passports $36.00
Next Business Day - 4 or more passports $39.00
Saturday Delivery $41.00
Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI Price
Next Day Letter (No Saturday Delivery) $39.00
International Price
Call for a quote. Call.

STEP Smart Traveler Enrollment Program

By connecting on the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, the US State Department will be able to assist you better in the case of an emergency, such as if you lose your passport or it is stolen while you are abroad.

Enroll Today