Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

from $72 (USD)
Includes Canadian Government and Processing Fee

No Hidden Fees • Secure Payment • Fast Processing

Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need a Canadian eTA Visa. Exempt from this requirement are Canadian and U.S. citizens, and foreign nationals with a valid Canadian visa.

The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first, and good for multiple entries into Canada.

1-3 Business Day Processing time.


As of August 9th 2021, fully vaccinated United States Citizens and Permanent Residence living in the U.S. will be able to travel to Canada, you must however submit Covid-19 vaccination information using ArriveCan within 72 hours of your arrival into Canada, CLICK HERE for complete information about ArriveCan.

Please Note, permanent residence must also still apply for the Canadian ETA if you are flying into Canada.

Can I apply for an eTA to Canada?

Choose your nationality from your passport to find out if you can apply for a Canadian eTA Visa

Getting your Canada Electronic Travel Authority is as easy as...

Step 1

Scan all of the documents you need for your application

Step 2

Complete the online application and submit payment

Step 3

Receive your eTA approval and related documentation via e-mail

Apply Now

How It Works

An Electronic Travel Authority or "eTA" is an electronically issued and stored authority for transit or travel to Canada for Tourism or Business.

The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first, and good for multiple entries.

Travel Document Systems may obtain a Canadian eTA visa for citizens of 57 countries, please use the dropdown menu above to check your eligibility and all U.S. permanent resident card holders (Green Card).

A Canada electronic travel authority is required no matter your nationality if you are arriving by air and have a USA permanent resident card. (Green Card).

Nationalities that do not require an eTA

If you carry a passport from the United States, you do not require an eTA to visit Canada, but you must travel with acceptable proof of citizenship documents, like your U.S. Passport, or a birth certificate and accepted photo identification. We strongly recommend checking document requirements with your airline prior to departure.

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for a Canadian eTA visa and are strongly encouraged to travel with a valid Canadian passport.

Canada Electronic Travel Authority Conditions

  • You do not hold a U.S. or Canadian passport.
  • You are not a citizen of France residing in and traveling from St. Pierre and Miquelon
  • You are arriving in Canada by air
  • You do not already have a valid study permit for Canada, obtained on or after August 1, 2015
  • You are not a foreign worker who already has a valid work permit for Canada, obtained on or after August 1, 2015
  • You are not a member of Visiting Forces visiting Canada on official duties/orders
  • You are not a member of a flight crew, a civil aviation inspector or an accident investigator visiting Canada in the course of your work
  • You are not an accredited diplomat.

Canadian Entry Requirements
What you should have when you arrive in Canada

  • Have a valid passport, that is the same passport you used to obtain your eTA
  • If you have a US Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card"), you must carry it with your passport
  • Carry a copy of your Canadian eTA with your passport
  • Be in good health
  • Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • Have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)

Frequently Asked Questions about eTAs for Canada

Do I need an eTA visa to travel to Canada

Most travelers need a visitor visa or an eTA to travel to or transit through Canada.
What you need depends on:
>The type of travel document you will travel to Canada with
>The country that issued your travel document
>Your nationality
>How you will travel to Canada

I am a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. ( A Green Card holder ) Do I need an eTA to enter Canada

Yes. All lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport.

If you enter Canada by car, bus, train or boat (including cruise ship), you don’t need an eTA but you always need to carry proof of U.S. lawful permanent resident status, such as your valid Green Card or a valid Alien Documentation Identification and Telecommunications System (ADIT) stamp.

On the traveldocs online eTA application, enter your Green Card number or your ADIT stamp number in the field:

United States lawful permanent resident alien registration card (Green Card) number

What do I need to bring to the airport.

The eTA is electronically issued and linked to your passport. There is no need to print anything.

However, to board your flight to Canada you need:

>The passport you used to apply for your eTA (i.e. the valid passport from your
country of nationality), and
>Proof of U.S. lawful permanent resident status, such as:
your valid Green Card, or
your valid ADIT stamp in your passport.

When you check in for your flight, the airline will confirm that you have an eTA and proof of status in the U.S. When you get to Canada, a border services officer will also verify these documents.

NOTE: If you get a new passport after receiving an eTA, you need to apply for a new eTA issued to the new passport.

Apply Now