– Benefits of the Non-O-X visa holders
1) Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
2) Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-O-X visa.
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with Non-O-X visa may change from Non-O-X to other type of Visa by submitting request to the Immigration Bureau. Spouse and child’s visa approval will be changed according to status of the main applicant. However, spouse can apply for Non-O-X by himself/ herself if he/she meets the qualifications.
– Spouse/child who does not qualify for Non-O-X visa may apply for other type of non-immigrant visa in order to stay in Thailand with the Non-O-X visa holder.
– Upon the completion of 90 days stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval.
– Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.
– Stay permit of the Non-O-X visa holders may be revoked due to following conditions:
1) Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by above qualifications such as:
– The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.
– the sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.
2) Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by above qualifications.
3) Foreigners pose threat to peace and security of Thailand.
4) Foreigners work without permission.